Saturday, July 23, 2011

Family First!

Has it really been nearly a week since my last post?  

I've been thinking for days about how to write this post.  About the words to say, about the "correct" feeling to feel.

Thursday was quite a day for my family.  In one day I went into false labor and we lost my grandfather.


He led one of the most amazing lives in the world.  And more than anything was a shining example of what a husband should be.


What a father should be.





What a grandfather should be.


And of course, what a family man looks like!


I can only hope to love our own daughter as much as my grandfather loved us.

It was hard trying to figure out if it was okay to be upset that Charlotte had not joined us yet, when the rest of my family was mourning over the loss of my grandfather.  One of my biggest hopes was that he would be here to meet his first great granddaughter.

I'm almost certain the stress and emotions of Thursday brought on the four hours of false labor.
It would have been bittersweet if Charlotte shared the day with her great-grandfather.

As a mother and a grand daughter I do mourn.  I mourn the loss of my grandfather and mourn the fact that my body lied to me, giving me something happy to think about.

However, after having time to think and process everything, I think the lesson comes down to two things.

1. God has got this!
2. Family comes first!

Regardless of what may have happened, I think my grandfather would have been pleased with the fact that I put my whole dedication to my daughter on Thursday.  First and foremost he put his family in his life.  
And I think that he would have been sad if I had not done the same.

Love you Granddad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers