Saturday, July 30, 2011

Due Date


Finally hit 40 weeks.  Although her due date isn't until tomorrow, I cannot wait to meet my little girl.

Having experienced pregnancy for the first time, there are some VERY interesting things that have happened.

But I figure since we are winding down our clock until she's here, I might as well talk about the crazy things that women do to induce labor.   Of course with commentary.


1. Sex.....only if you can deal with the awkwardness and the pressure.
2. Walking.....16 sets of stairs a night just hurts after a while and during the summer it's just too darn hot to go out in the day.
3. Pineapple.....love it, but heartburn city.
4. Raspberry Leaf Tea.......it's supposed to tone your uterus.  I lost my nice flat stomach, but hopefully a six pack on my uterus should make up for it.
5. Spicy foods......refer back to my pineapple comment
6. Dancing.......ok, this one I have to admit is my favorite.  You ever watch a full term pregnant woman dance?  It's pretty darn funny! 


There is just something absurd about watching a woman, who is usually having trouble walking down the sidewalk, shake her butt.  I feel like a "woo girl" every time.

From what I have read, about 50% of women turn to the folk methods of inducing labor.  There is not enough scientific study to back up ANY of them as fool proof.  Maybe our pregnant brains just can't handle anymore thinking at the end of 40 weeks that we lose our sanity too.

Regardless of what happens, I know that she'll be here soon!  And it'll be Legen......wait for it......DARY!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...

    Any tricks to induce an adoption referral?

    :)

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there is.......we need to finish fundraising for you! We really have to set up the Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete

Followers